North Lewisham Primary Care Network want to help you Choose Well if you need medical help
There are many services you can access without speaking to your GP
- 15+ years with muscle, joint pain or injuries including back pain
- Use the AskFirst NHS App to book a telephone physio
Pharmacy first for minor illness
- Self-care scheme to provide free medications for those who don’t pay for prescriptions
IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies)
- Help for common mental health problems, like anxiety and depression
- Talking therapies, such as counselling or cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Diagnosis, treatment, education and advice on foot problems
- Complete the application for the Foot Health Service clinic of your choice
- STI checks, Coil and Implant insertion removal, regular and emergency contraception
- Order at home or make an appointment to be seen in clinic
Minor Eye Condition Service (MECS)
- Common eye conditions, expert optometrist assessment
- Red, sticky, watery eye, pain or discomfort in or around the eyes
Sight Centre, 78 Deptford High St, London SE8 4RT. Tel: 020 8691 5500 is the local site.
- When your mouth or teeth need urgent attention
- If you do not have a regular NHS dentist, contact NHS 111.
- Questions about your child’s health and wellbeing under 5 years
Health Visiting Hub on 0203 049 1873
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Support
- Pregnancy self referral online or by phone for your ‘booking appointment’
- Face to face appointments and online breastfeeding support available
- Helps to improve your wellbeing by connecting you to non-medical support in the community.
- One to one support for up to 8 weeks.
- Local community and services that can help with health and wellbeing
Monday-Friday, 9:30am-4pm. Tel: 0330 058 3464
Citizens Advice Bureau
- Free, impartial and confidential advice on everything from housing, benefits to consumer rights.
Tel: 0800 231 5453. Mon-Fri: 9:30am – 12:30pm and 1:30pm – 4:00pm
Online Advice for Child Health
- Great resource by the Royal College of paediatrics about common conditions of childhood and adolescence
- Athena, provide confidential, non-judgmental support to those living in Lewisham who are experiencing gender-based violence.
24hr helpline Tel: 0808 2000 247
COVID Testing and Vaccination Passes
- Your GP cannot organise any COVID testing or issue your vaccination pass
- Use the NHS App or call 119 for proof of your COVID vaccination status
- COVID testing through the government website or call 119